Participate in Modi government review poll and tell us how much will you rate Modi government performance at Centre out of 10 and also drop in your views.
In 2014, Narendra Modi jinxed the dominance of Congress at Centre and managed to form a BJP government after 10 years of Congress ruled central government. From winning a mere 22 seats in 2009, Modi managed to increase the winning spree to 282 seats in 2014.
In the next five years that followed, Modi emerged as one of the influential leaders not only in India but in the world. But as every coin has two sides, while Modi was appreciated on certain decisions he was greatly criticized for the others.
Let’s have a look at his achievements and failures.
Achievements of Modi Government –
- Demonetization of 500 and 1000 rs notes
- Improvement in diplomatic relations
- Make in India
- Skill India
- Digital India
- Swacch Bharat Abhigyaan
- Creation of Public Toilets in Rural areas
- Goods and Service Tax
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (opening bank account with zero balance)
- Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana (provide houses to poor people)
- Atal Pension Yojana(offer pension to all)
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana(improve farm productivity)
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana(free LPG connection to women below poverty line)
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojana(make sure that girl child got an equal share as the male child)
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Man Ki Baat
- Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jeewan Jyoti Bhima Yojana
- Removing No Detention Policies in schools
- Boosting Travel and Tourism through “Incredible India” campaign
- One Rank One Pension scheme
- Replaced the old Planning Commission with NITI Aayog
Failures of Modi Government –
- Failed to pass the Land Acquisition Bill
- Struggled to bring peace in Kashmir
- Naxalite – Maoists insurgency still intact
- Failure in eradicating unemployment
- Could not control terrorist activities on the border
- Women Reservation Bill still pending
- Failure in making minorities feel secure
- Demonetization is appreciated by many as well as criticized by a huge audience
- Goods and Services Tax implementation also had some supports and some opposers.
The Modi government at Centre is all set to participate in the elections that are to be held next year. Don’t forget to participate in the Modi government survey and let us know what do you think about the government in Centre.